To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The United States has agreed to supply Indonesia with medical equipment, including ventilators, for its battle with COVID-19, following a phone call between President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and his US counterpart Donald Trump.Trump tweeted on Friday evening Jakarta time that he had spoken with Jokowi – whom he called “my friend” – about possible cooperation between Indonesia and the US regarding medical supplies.“Just spoke to my friend, President Joko Widodo of the Republic of Indonesia. Asking for Ventilators, which we will provide,” the US president tweeted.Just spoke to my friend, President Joko Widodo of the Republic of Indonesia. Asking for Ventilators, which we will provide. Great cooperation between us!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 24, 2020 Jakarta confirmed that the phone call took place, with the two leaders discussing handling of the COVID-19 outbreak, including Indonesia’s lack of medical supplies such, as personal protective equipment and face masks.“President Trump spoke about his country’s efforts to produce ventilators and said he would send equipment to Indonesia once it is ready. This cooperation will be overseen by each country’s respective teams,” read a statement issued by the State Palace press bureau on Saturday.Read also: ‘Trouble shared is…’: South Korea’s Moon conveys support for Jokowi against COVID-19Jokowi and Trump also agreed to strengthen economic cooperation and trade to help restore the global economy.“Indonesia is an important country for the US. We should maintain this cooperation,” said Trump, as quoted by the press bureau.Topics :
President Donald Trump’s executive clemency to his longtime friend and adviser Roger Stone not only commuted the veteran Republican operative’s prison term but it also spared him a hefty fine and two years of supervised release.The details of the clemency arrangement were made public by the Justice Department and Stone’s lawyer on Monday after the judge who presided over the case asked the Trump administration to explain whether the commutation announced on Friday meant he would not be supervised, as many convicted felons are after being freed.US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson had set a Tuesday deadline to receive a copy of Trump’s clemency order along with an explanation about whether it also commuted the period Stone was meant to be supervised after leaving prison. Topics : “I commute the entirety of the prison sentence imposed upon the said Roger Stone, Jr. to expire immediately,” according to Trump’s order.”I also commute the entirety of the two-year term of supervised released with all its conditions, and finally, I remit any unpaid balance of the $20,000 fine imposed.”Congressional Democrats and other critics have accused Trump of abuse of power and an assault on the rule of law.Stone, 67, was sentenced to three years and four months in prison after being convicted by a jury in Washington last year of lying under oath to lawmakers investigating Russian interference in the 2016 US election. Stone was found guilty of all seven counts against him. The commutation did not erase Stone’s conviction as a pardon would have. Stone was due to have reported to a federal prison in Georgia on Tuesday. Trump’s action marked his most assertive intervention to protect an associate in a criminal case and his latest use of executive clemency to benefit an ally.Stone’s attorney Grant Smith, who tweeted out a copy of Trump’s order, said it speaks for itself in answering the judge’s inquiry.
70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, Qld 4520. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe property had been marketed by Deborah Bowden of Craig Doyle Real Estate as a three-storey dual living residence.Among its features was a one bedroom granny flat with bathroom, kitchenette and veranda. It also has a saltwater pool with alfresco area, 1.5 acres of fenced land, a shed and established gardens. The highest price fetched across Samford Valley is $2.015m – and the only $2m-plus sale – at 5 Cannington Court four years ago. 70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, Qld 4520. Picture: Realestate.com.auA BRISBANE acreage property may be one of the few to sell in its suburb in recent weeks, but it has landed a record price for its street.The four bedroom home at 70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, sold for $1 million in a suburb where the median price in the past 12 months was $935,000. 70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, Qld 4520. Picture: Realestate.com.auMore from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019 70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, Qld 4520. Picture: Realestate.com.au 70 Mount O’Reilly Road, Samford Valley, Qld 4520. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe street has been steadily trending towards seven digits in the past few years, with the highest prices fetched before this sale being $951,000 at 76 Mount O’Reilly Road and $925,000 at number 41. The area is classified as a high demand suburb with 709 visits per property compared to the 288 Queensland average, according to Realestate.com.au.
42 Island Parade, Banksia BeachAN architecturally designed home on the canal at Banksia Beach has sold for more than $1 million.Sales association at @realty Geoff Tutt sold the property at 42 Island Parade for $1.175 million late last month.It marks the Moreton region’s top sale to the week ended March 5.Mr Tutt said the four-bedroom property, which is on a 842sq m block, attracted a lot of interest from potential buyers.“Most of them were from interstate, including Tasmania, Sydney and Melbourne,” he said.A Tasmanian couple bought the house and wasted no time making it their home, moving in just days after the sale settled.More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 201942 Island Parade, Banksia BeachMr Tutt said the warmer weather attracted them to the area.“The buyer originally came from the Rockhampton, Gladstone area,” he said.Mr Tutt said it was on the market for about eight months, but that wasn’t unusual for properties selling for more than $1 million.He said there was high demand for houses like these.“The $1 million to $1.2 million, there’s a lot of buyers there,” he said.“I’ve probably got two to three coming up in the next two weeks.”
The risk that defined contribution pensions will result in a low pension for savers is “very small”, according to the Danish industry association for the pensions and insurance sector, Forsikring & Pension (F&P).F&P was responding to a regulatory investigation by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA or Finanstilsynet).It presented a discussion paper at the beginning of March on the risks for consumers in “market-rate” pensions, whose returns are directly linked to underlying investments. Providers are increasingly offering savers these products instead of the traditional “average-rate” pensions with or without yield guarantees.In its response document – entitled “Good pensions with controlled risk” – F&P said: “It is important to make clear that even though the investment risk is greater in non-guaranteed products, the risk that the individual client will end up getting a low pension is only very small.” The association cited three reasons for this: First, it said pension providers limited investment risks by investing in many different asset types and individual assets. Second, pensions were a very long-term form of savings and downturns on financial markets were typically soon followed by upturns. Thirdly, it said pension providers usually reduced investment risk for customers the closer they came to pensionable age.Finanstilsynet said last month that the Danish pension system had undergone an huge change in the last few years with the transition from the traditional guaranteed products to market-rate products.It said the development was driven by the desire to give customers higher expected pensions, but also meant that the savers themselves shouldered the risk of whether there would be enough money for their years as a pensioner.Per Bremer Rasmussen, chief executive of F&P, said the association welcomed a businesslike debate on the subject raised by regulator.“It is important that the pensions industry, regulatory authorities, and Danish politicians continuously take positions on whether the Danish pensions system has the best conditions for providing Danes with the best possible pensions,” he said.But F&P said information currently available to customers with non-guaranteed pension products was not adequate, and this was why the industry was in the process of new initiatives on information.The association presented a four-point plan last month to promote consumer protection regarding pensions.“There is a lot of literature showing that the typical consumer finds it very difficult partly to understand risk, and partly to act in regard to managing that risk,” the association said in its response to the regulator’s specific questions. “So it is important to take as a starting point the consumer’s limited understanding and interest, when communicating on risk.”It was also important to give the individual pensions firm enough freedom to target and test the information for its specific customer segment, F&P said.
28 Hampton Court, Sovereign Islands. 28 Hampton Court, Sovereign Islands. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa14 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago28 Hampton Court, Sovereign Islands.Ms Wu said it was a record sale for a two-storey property on Sovereign Islands, with most properties three or more levels.“The buyers liked the position of the property and the ambience,” she said.Named La Vue, the property offers stunning 180 degree views from the Surfers Paradise skyline to the Coomera River.When you first step inside, a grand two-storey entrance featuring a chandelier captures your attention. That leads up to the large wrought iron staircase sitting below another exquisite chandelier. 28 Hampton Court, Sovereign Islands sold for $4.05 million.A SOVEREIGN Islands property has sold for $4.05 million, the highest sale on the Gold Coast over the past week.An interstate buyer bought the luxury mansion at 28 Hampton Court after a three-week marketing campaign by Ivy Wu and Issac Kim of Amir Mian Prestige Property Agents. The residence has five bedrooms including a study, downstairs guest suite, upstairs children’s retreat and a media room with wet bar. The kitchen has a butler’s pantry and plenty of storage while outside, a teppanyaki kitchen with wood fired pizza oven in the courtyard offers another area to entertain. Other features include a 17m pool, Denon wireless home entertainment system and a main bedroom with a freestanding bath.The biggest sale on Sovereign Islands this year was a mega mansion on Sir Lancelot Close that traded for more than $11 million.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59 28 Hampton Court, Sovereign Islands.
France’s Minister of Ecology François de Rugy has signed the letters approving re-negotiated feed-in-tariffs for six offshore wind projects selected in the country’s first two tendering rounds.The Round 1 projects selected in 2012 include Saint-Nazaire, Courseulles-sur-Mer, and Fécamp, developed by an EDF-led consortium, and Saint Brieuc, developed by an Iberdrola-led consortium, with a combined capacity of 2GW.The Round 2 tender winners in 2014 include the 496MW Dieppe-Le Tréport and the 496MW Ile d’Yeu et de Noirmoutier projects, developed by an Engie-led consortium.Back in June, France re-negotiated the previously set feed-in-tariffs from around EUR 200 per MWh to around EUR 150 per MWh. Following the completion of the negotiations, the project developers expressed their eagerness to move forward with the projects.The projected government support for the six projects through the guaranteed feed-in-tariffs is valued at over EUR 20 billion, according to the French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe who witnessed the signing of the letters this Thursday morning in Dunkerque, where the tender for the Dunkerque offshore wind farm was also launched.L’État investit massivement en faveur des énergies renouvelables. Signature de @FdeRugy confirmant les six premiers parcs d’éolien en mer en France, avec un soutien public de plus de 20 milliards d’euros. pic.twitter.com/4cJ7wS6H12— Edouard Philippe (@EPhilippePM) November 15, 2018
Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueCare To Try A Glow-In-The-Dark Doughnut?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical The raiders struck in 2017. Police traced them using DNA from the excrement left on the bedroom floor. It is believed the gang were Arsenal fans who wanted revenge on one of the biggest stars of their rival club. The four were jailed for more than 27 years. They targeted the home after Terry, now assistant manager of Aston Villa, posted online photos of himself skiing. Read Also:Chelsea Memory: John Terry was a Motivational’Beast’-Mikel Dad-of-two Terry paid £2.5m for the house, once owned by golfer Colin Montgomerie. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 John Terry is selling the £5.5million mansion that burglars ransacked because his wife Toni is haunted by the trauma. Loading… Four raiders smashed their way into the house while the couple were on a skiing holiday — defecating in their bedroom before leaving with £400,000 in jewellery. “The fact one of the men left John a dirty protest at the end of the bed particularly upset them. “Poor Toni couldn’t unsee the image. They began looking for a new home straight away.” The house in Oxshott, Surrey, has six bathrooms, a pool and an outdoor kitchen.Advertisement
Evelyn L. Beal, age 81, of Brookville, Indiana died Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio.Born November 16, 1935 in Raymond, Indiana she was the daughter of the late Henry & Rosella (Haven) Biddle. On June 13, 1953 she was united in marriage to Kenneth Jack Beal, and he preceded her in death on June 2, 2012.She was a homemaker, and had also worked at Hillenbrand Industries in Batesville. She and her husband also owned & operated the Cedar Grove Package Store in Cedar Grove for many years.Evelyn was a member of St. Johns United Church of Christ in Penntown; member and past-president of the Fraternal Order of Eagles #1130 Ladies Auxiliary; as well as the Moose Lodge in Florida.Survivors include a daughter, Connie Beal of Palm Harbor, Florida; two sons and daughters-in-law, Dexter (Barbara) Beal of Sharonville, Ohio and Vernon (Robin) Beal of Loveland, Ohio; a sister, Ruth Ann Peetz of Napoleon, Indiana; a brother, Howard (Doris) Biddle of Sunman, Indiana; six grandchildren, Jack, Jamey, Sam, & Ali Beal; Emily Cunniff & Hannah Sachse; as well as 6 great-grandchildren.In addition to her parents, and husband, she was preceded in death by two sisters, Mabel Gunter and Mary Ellen Gartenman.Family & Friends may visit from 9 until 11:00 A.M. on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home, 1025 Franklin Avenue, Brookville.Pastor Lynne Busch-Rae will officiate the Funeral Services at 11:00 A.M. on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home. Burial will follow in St. Johns Cemetery in Penntown.Memorial contributions may be directed to St. Johns United Church of Christ or Cedar Grove Volunteer Fire Department. Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home is honored to serve the Beal family, to sign the online guest book or send personal condolences please visit www.phillipsandmeyers.com .