To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
In addition to Sweden, the four-team group also includes world champion France. While Ronaldo is with the national squad and could play, both Portugal and Croatia will be without other star players.The FPF said that another member of the squad that won Euro 2016, Lille midfielder Renato Sanches, has been released from the squad for unspecified medical reasons.Croatia, meanwhile, has excused Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic from international duties against Portugal and for a World Cup final rematch with France on Tuesday.Modric, who is 34, played a crucial role as Real Madrid rallied when La Liga resumed after the lockdown and was only rested when the title had been secured. Rakitic, 32, was also a regular starter as Barcelona collapsed in the league in June and July, though he had been relegated to the bench for the Champions League quarterfinal and the traumatic 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich. He has since been sold back to Sevilla for 1.5 million euros ($1.8 million).With La Liga resuming on Sept.13, both wanted to extend its off-season break. Cristiano Ronaldo is a doubt as Portugal starts the defense of its Nations League title against Croatia on Saturday in Porto and Sweden on Tuesday in Solna.Ronaldo is with the Portugal squad but has a toe infection and did not train on Wednesday or Thursday. He was instead doing “gym work”, the Portuguese football federation (FPF) said.Ronaldo has 99 goals in 164 international matches but the FPF, which has closed its training camp to the press citing health protocols, gave no indication whether he will be fit for either game. Ronaldo has not played since early August when Juventus was knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon. At 35, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner scored 37 goals in all competitions last season, a record for a Juve player, and insists he remains ambitious, laying out his season ‘goals’ on Instagram last week. “Victories. Commitment. Dedication. Professionalism. With all my strength and with the precious help from my teammates and all of the Juventus staff, we work once again to conquer Italy, Europe and the World!” he wrote.Portugal is returning to the city where as host it won the inaugural Nations League in June 2019, beating the Netherlands 1-0. Because Euro 2020 has been postponed a year, the country also remains European champion. Topics :
Metro Sport ReporterSunday 24 May 2020 6:47 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3kShares Comment Advertisement Boateng won the World Cup with Germany in 2014 (Picture: Getty Images)Boateng also admitted that despite the Bundesliga’s resumption last weekend, Bayern players are still considering taking pay cuts to help the club’s finances during the coronavirus pandemic.‘It depends on where the money goes. Generally, I think it is possible,’ he added.‘I don’t think people should point their finger at professional footballers. Everyone should be a bit more humble during these times.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘A photo posted on social media doesn’t necessarily say anything about the player’s life. Just because a footballer spends money does not mean that he donates nothing, or that he is arrogant.‘For example, Cristiano Ronaldo posts photos from private jets and he donates millions.‘Other players don’t post things like that, but they live similarly. Everyone has their own lifestyle and can decide for themselves. I think it’s important not to generalise here.’MORE: Chelsea and Man Utd target Kai Havertz addresses future after another brace for LeverkusenMORE: Arsene Wenger explains why he will never go back to Arsenal in any capacityFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng responds to Arsenal and Chelsea transfer links Boateng looked set to exit the Allianz Arena in January (Picture: Getty Images)Jerome Boateng says Bayern Munich boss Hansi Flick has convinced him to stay at the club amid speculation linking him to a move to Chelsea and Arsenal.The 31-year-old’s game time was severely limited by former boss Niko Kovac, prompting rumours of the defender’s exit from the Allianz Arena.Boateng’s contract is set to expire next summer and Blues boss Frank Lampard is reportedly eyeing the German World Cup winner as an experienced option in defence.But since Flick took over from Kovac in November, the centre-back has featured much more regularly and now looks set to stay at Bayern.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Before Hansi Flick, I was already thinking about my future,’ Boateng told Welt am Sonntag.‘At the moment I feel good and can imagine that I will stay. My focus is totally on Bayern and the current season.‘I need the trust of the coach and his coaching team. I have it again.‘Even before the time with Hansi Flick, I trained well and hard, but I was not allowed to play and never had the chance to get into my rhythm. It is difficult for every player.’‘Hansi Flick told me right from the start that he was planning with me and appreciated my qualities. Now I’m really enjoying football again.’ Advertisement
By Michaela Boneva |NASA’s New Horizons Mission Operations Manager (MOM), Alice Bowman, has led her team of about 40 scientists in piloting the spacecraft that made the historic Pluto flyby in 2015 and captured the most high-resolution images of the dwarf planet to date. In hopes of spreading her love of science to young students, Bowman will be speaking at the InfoAge Science History Learning Center in Wall Township from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24.The New Horizons mission was one among many to be proposed to NASA with the main focus of reaching and exploring Pluto. While many others were not approved or shut down, New Horizons had a more simplistic approach with a lightweight spacecraft and a small team that helped it achieve success.Starting with the exploration of planets, Bowman will be speaking about how NASA decided to shoot for Pluto and the technological and engineering elements that were necessary to get there. She will also be speaking about the next steps for the New Horizon mission, which was extended after the Pluto flyby to explore further into the Kuiper Belt, the region where Pluto resides. This includes the preparation of different flyby sequences for another Kuiper Belt Object that the spacecraft will be exploring. Bowman said she might also speak about the historic photos returned from the mission, which she describes as being “absolutely stunning, definitely art.” Like most young people, Alice Bowman had a wide variety of interests and while she says space exploration was one of her first loves, she didn’t know this was the career she would pursue. Her interest in space, particularly the engineering aspects, was sparked by the space missions she grew up learning about: Gemini, Mercury and Apollo.“That wonder you have as a child, it sort of spurred me on to pursue something like that,” Bowman said.She offers advice to young girls who have fallen in love with science the way she did: “Understand that you will have tough periods … but the important thing is, if you’re really interested in that field of study, that you work your way through it and understand that you may not be perfect but keep pursuing that dream.”Bowman has been speaking to audiences of students ranging from third-graders to university students, and she hopes to see more young people at InfoAge on Saturday afternoon.Tickets can be purchased online for $15 at infoage.org/bowman. Registration ends Feb. 23.This article first appeared in the Feb. 15-22, 2018 print edition of The Two River Times.
ARCADIA, Calif. (Oct. 30, 2016)–Under patient handling from Norberto Arroyo, Jr., 6-year-old gelding A Red Tie Day found room turning for home and finished powerfully to win Sunday’s $70,000 Lure Stakes at one mile on turf. Trained by Richard Baltas, A Red Tie Day got the distance in 1:34.82.“This horse is very versatile,” said Arroyo, who rode him to a close fifth place finish here in the Grade II John Henry Turf Championship at a mile and a quarter on Oct. 2. “He can go to the lead, or he can sit just off it. Today, we were up close and it looked like everybody was going at the quarter pole. I knew I had a lot of horse and I didn’t want to get him stopped, so I waited and it paid off.”Owned by Bloom Racing Stable, LLC, A Red Tie Day was off at 9-2 in a field of eight and paid $11.60, $6.40 and $3.20.A Kentucky-bred gelding by Indygo Shiner, A Red Tie Day collected his fifth career win (all on turf) from 18 overall starts. With the winner’s share of $43,440, he increased his earnings to $251,308.“He’s just been a really nice, honest horse,” said Baltas, who collected his 10th win of the Autumn Meet, good for fourth in the trainer standings. “He was gelded four races ago. He’s an older horse but he’s really coming into his own now.”Ridden by Gary Stevens, Perfectly Majestic made a sustained run from off the pace and finished full of run to be second, a neck in front of favored Twentytwentyvision. Off at 7-1, Perfectly Majestic paid $6.40 and $3.00.Ridden by Flavien Prat, Twentytwentyvision sat a close second behind early leader Little Curlin until the quarter pole, and then went head and head with him through the lane and had to settle for third money, while prevailing by a head. Off at even money, “Twentytwenty” paid $2.20 to show.Fractions on the race were 24.51, 48.73, 1:12.37 and 1:23.70.Live racing resumes on Thursday at Santa Anita, with first post time for an eight-race card at 1 p.m.The Breeders’ Cup World Championships return to Santa Anita on Friday and Saturday. For more information, please visit santaanita.com.
Scally Medical Practice are seeking to recruit a full-time Medical Practice Manager.Job Vacancy: Scally Practice are seeking to recruit a Medical Practice Manager to become part of their dynamic and hardworking team.MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGER:JOB DESCRIPTION: • The Practice Manager maintains efficient day to day operations of the medical office, improves provider and patient satisfaction.• Manage the daily operations of the physician office including staff scheduling, cash reconciliation, charge entry, and operational checks and balances.• Maintain efficient telephone triage, appointment scheduling, registration, patient flow and discharge procedures to enhance patient satisfaction and physician productivity.• Provide recommendations and follow up actions to operational inefficiencies. • Assist with strategic planning and resource allocation.• Provide monthly reporting with recommendations or action plans on any issues; interpret financial reports/data to effectively manage the office and inform physicians about the business.• Ensure A/R is optimally liquidated, denials are minimized, refunds are issued, and customer service is conducted appropriately.REQUIREMENTS:• 3rd level qualification desirable. • Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, EMR, medical billing.• Good interpersonal skills.• Knowledge of healthcare regulations.• Relevant experience in a similar role is an advantage. To apply, please send your CV with references to:Scally Medical PracticeJustice Walsh RoadLetterkennyCo. DonegalClosing date for applications: Friday 20th March 2015.JOB VACANCY: MEDICAL MANAGER WANTED FOR VIBRANT DONEGAL PRACTICE was last modified: March 10th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Job VacancyjobsnewsScally Medical Practice
A New York City couple will be moving into a new, high-performance house in Rutland, Vermont, later this year after winning an essay contest sponsored by a Vermont electric utility and a variety of local business and civic groups. Martin Schreiner and Lucas Hough were among 10 finalists chosen from the 160 essay entries and were later named winners by a selection committee of political, business and community leaders. The giveaway was a community-wide effort spearheaded by Green Mountain Power, Naylor & Breen Builders, the United Way of Rutland County, NBF Architects, and the City of Rutland. The 1,500-square-foot house was built mostly with donated materials and labor, according to a press release from Green Mountain Power.RELATED ARTICLESCan a High-Performance House be Livable, Too?A Straw-Bale Home in VermontThree Superinsulated Houses in VermontHeat Pumps Get a Leg Up in Vermont Schreiner is a food blogger, marketer and part-time opera singer, Green Mountain Power said in a news release, and Hough is a pathologist’s assistant. The couple got engaged after they were told they’d won the house. Applicants were asked to write a 500-word essay explaining why they wanted to live in Rutland, and what they would be able to contribute to the community. Rutland, Vermont’s third largest city, has a population of about 16,500 and originally sprang up around marble quarries that were developed in the 19th century. The couple was effusive in its praise of their adopted hometown. “We consider it our greatest honor to bring to Rutland our very best,” Schreiner said in a statement released by GMP. “We would not have the opportunity to become homeowners otherwise, and we wholeheartedly entered this competition with the understood responsibility of living up to what it means to belong to such an upstanding and estimable community. We feel enormous gratitude for this opportunity.” Green Mountain Power, which is headquartered in Rutland, announced the GMP Rutland Innovation Home Contest in February. The New England-style farmhouse comes with solar panels, two Tesla Powerwall batteries, and will be heated and cooled with air-source heat pumps. In addition to picking up the mortgage-free house, the couple gets a local assistant who will help them find jobs and establish business and personal contacts in the community. The other finalists are eligible for a $10,000 incentive if they move to Rutland by next September, GMP said. Part of an effort to revitalize the community When the contest was announced, GMP CEO Mary Powell said that nearly 60 businesses and individuals were collaborating on the project to build one of the most energy-efficient homes in the state. “It will be an example of Rutland’s incredible spirit, its ongoing rebirth and the energy and innovation that have fueled the city’s revitalization over the past several years,” she said in a prepared statement. Tanner Romano, vice president of Naylor & Breen, which managed construction, arranged for dozens of local subcontractors and both local and national vendors who chipped in with labor and materials. “Virtually every contractor and vendor we approached stepped up,” he said in a statement. “They love this community, need workers and loved the idea of the contest as a way to highlight the plentiful jobs available here.” Lucas Hough, left, and Martin Schreiner are the new owners of the Green Mountain Power Rutland Innovation Home in Rutland, Vermont. (Photo: Green Mountain Power) GMP Vice President Steve Costello hatched the idea for the essay contest while working on a campaign called Real Rutland, a marketing effort promoting Rutland as a desirable place to live. Many of the scores of partners on the project would like to see more people move to Rutland; they have trouble filling job openings because of an unemployment rate of about 3%. The new three-bedroom house was designed by NBF architect Edward Clark. It’s built on a lot the city picked up through a tax sale and subsequently sold to GMP for $1. An existing house, described as dilapidated, was torn down. Some of the details of the house, as provided by Naylor & Breen: Expanded polystyrene (EPS) rigid insulation rated at R-15 around the foundation perimeter and under the slab. 2×6 exterior wall framing insulated with R-23 Rockwool cavity insulation and R-12 Comfortboard 80 on the exterior of the first and second floor walls. Window bucks insulated with R-17.6 EPS. Marvin Integrity Ultrex windows with a maximum U-value of 0.28. Henry Blueskin VP100 water-resistive barrier. 2 inches of foam topped with R-50 of cellulose in the second-floor ceiling. A mechanical room in the insulated attic. A heat-pump water heater, a SpacePak chiller/condenser, and Daikin ductless minisplits. The house meets the requirements of the Efficiency Vermont Certified Homes program.
COLLEGE PARK, MD – OCTOBER 03: Head coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines (L) jogs off the fiedl with his brother Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh (R) following halftime of the Michigan and Maryland Terrapins game at Byrd Stadium on October 3, 2015 in College Park, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)Like many teams, Jim Harbaugh’s Michigan Wolverines listen to music during practice. Harbaugh’s inclusions in the playlist include many of the rock staples you’d expect from a 51 year old football coach. You have some AC/DC, some KISS, both very standard. The playlist also includes Jim Harbaugh’s favorite song, which doesn’t strike us as something you’d play to get players pumped for practice.What music does Jim Harbaugh play at #Michigan practices? pic.twitter.com/VzNpp6l3IH— Ben Fidelman (@bfidelman) September 6, 2015 Gordon Lightfoot’s song does have plenty of references to the Midwest. The shipwreck motif is a bit strange, but we probably shouldn’t question Harbaugh’s methods. The man rebuilt Stanford, he can play some Lightfoot if he wants.
TORONTO – Telecom and media giant BCE Inc. says it will buy Canadian home security service AlarmForce Industries Inc. in a deal worth about $166 million.George Cope, CEO of BCE and Bell Canada, says the acquisition will allow Bell to leverage its network in millions of Canadian homes in order to grow its position in security and automation services.The deal will see BCE purchase all issued and outstanding common shares of AlarmForce (TSX:AF) for $16.00 per in an all-cash offer.AlarmForce says the purchase price represents a 71 per cent premium to its closing share price of $9.34 on Nov. 6 and a 70 per cent premium to the 20-day volume weighted average price for the period ending Nov. 6.Shareholders may also elect to receive BCE common shares (TSX:BCE) in lieu of cash, subject to proration and capped at 49.5 per cent of the total equity value.Subject to customary closing conditions, the transaction is expected to be completed in January.